Spring is in the air here in sunny Northern Ireland. The evenings are brighter, the birds are friskier, and we’ve been busy cleaning up some messy bugs and other things that have been hanging around for a while.
Here are a few of the improvements we've made:
- We’ve streamlined the navigation on the site, introducing a site-wide sidebar that gives you quick access to all your boards
- Your list of boards should now load a lot faster, even if you have hundreds
- Your boards themselves should also load a lot faster.
- We optimised image loading, so we create multiple thumbnails for each item and load in the best size depending on how big it is on your board
- Our browser extension now loads a lot faster, and can grab images from a lot more sites
- Quashed some irritating Dropbox bugs that were causing duplicate boards and items for some users
- When viewing a single item you can now click-to-zoom, which is great for reviewing long images like webpages.
- We fixed a bunch of layout issues, where items would get detached from the grid, or weird gutters would appear.
- We fixed a bug where if you named a board the same as an archived board, it would get ‘2’ appended to the title
We’re also working on some big updates to the iOS app (including comments!) and a pretty cool way to group boards together. Stay tuned...